Great question! Please send me notes and tell me what is going on in your life - it is very good for my spirit.
This is what PC tells me
For REGULAR mail while I am a trainee (until the end of May):
Sarah Termondt, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
Av Bolivar 451, Gazcue
Apartado Postal 1412
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
For EXPEDITED mail (FedEx, DHL) you have to provide them with the street address and phone number:
Sarah Termondt, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
451 Avenida Bolivar
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Telephone:










809-685-4102
Mail is slow but you can bet I'm trying to respond if I hear from you. I loaded up with stationary so I'm ready.
There are apparently lots of taxes on packages and a good chance that they might get "lost" if they look too appealing, so the Peace Corps recommends only sending items that fit into padded envelopes. This address is apparently good for the entire service but once I am assigned a site I might update the address so anything can get to me more directly.
Here is a link for other common questions related to Peace Corp Service in the Dominican Republic
I just got my stuff insured (my little travel laptop and camera are the most valuable items I'm bringing) and I'm almost finished with my last unit of Rosetta Stone. I'm missing my brimmed Costa Rica adventure hat, I wonder where it could be...probably on an adventure. The fact that I am leaving in a week now is really odd, somewhat surreal. I am currently excited with a pretty good splash of nervous. Dad sent me a link today that told me there is Sushi in Santo Domingo, a Sarah luxury I thought I might have to do without for 2 years. Gracias a Dios.
Abrazos,
Sarah
This is what PC tells me
For REGULAR mail while I am a trainee (until the end of May):
Sarah Termondt, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
Av Bolivar 451, Gazcue
Apartado Postal 1412
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
For EXPEDITED mail (FedEx, DHL) you have to provide them with the street address and phone number:
Sarah Termondt, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
451 Avenida Bolivar
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Telephone:


Mail is slow but you can bet I'm trying to respond if I hear from you. I loaded up with stationary so I'm ready.
There are apparently lots of taxes on packages and a good chance that they might get "lost" if they look too appealing, so the Peace Corps recommends only sending items that fit into padded envelopes. This address is apparently good for the entire service but once I am assigned a site I might update the address so anything can get to me more directly.
Here is a link for other common questions related to Peace Corp Service in the Dominican Republic
I just got my stuff insured (my little travel laptop and camera are the most valuable items I'm bringing) and I'm almost finished with my last unit of Rosetta Stone. I'm missing my brimmed Costa Rica adventure hat, I wonder where it could be...probably on an adventure. The fact that I am leaving in a week now is really odd, somewhat surreal. I am currently excited with a pretty good splash of nervous. Dad sent me a link today that told me there is Sushi in Santo Domingo, a Sarah luxury I thought I might have to do without for 2 years. Gracias a Dios.
Abrazos,
Sarah

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSarah, ¡Le amamos mucho y sabemos que usted hará grande en el cuerpo de paz! We' el ll viene y vive con usted una vez que le colocan. Proporcione por favor las comodidades apropiadas para nosotros y Chester. ¡Él requiere un cuarto grande con las porciones de convites! Requerimos el control de la isla. ¡Asegúrese por favor y BUENA SUERTE en su nueva aventura! Amor Papá, mamá Jim y Chester
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the best Sarah!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading more of your journey and all that milestones that mark it, starting from when you get to turn that PCT in your address to PCV ;)
to when you reach that middle of service point and *gasp* the big COS! =P
such a wonderful time in your life! don't forget to open your eyes & breath!!! :)
-Amos, RPCV Samoa 2004-2008
for future reference, we met on BART a while back and I helped guide you to Berkeley :)
ReplyDeleteAs I recall, on that brief ride between West Oakland and Berkeley, you shared with me your enthusiasm and energy, a breath of fresh air amongst a chain of dusty metal train cars. It's that same spirit that will bring you all kinds of rewards in the coming years!
Safe travels!
Hi Sarah...thought of you as I got to view an awesome sight last week. Driving in the mtn's I saw a herd of about 35 plus elk in a valley and was able to get w/in 150 ft...just layed low and watched them graze - so cool! Enjoying the blooms of springtime here in the Rockies as I see the snow on Pikes Peak...you stay safe and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, hugs and tugs!
ReplyDelete