Friday, August 7, 2009

End of English Class!

Here are a few photos.
We are at IST in Santiago hanging out and I've had internet for the last few days, let me repeat again...amazing. My presentation went well I think and I taught my group how to make Chinola Jam and am sending out the designs for the volleyball net out of reusable materials. We also learned how to build a nursery, worm composting, and a few other little knick knacks so overall it's been a great week. I brought Orlando with me, one of my favorite and most serio english students, instead of my project partners since they no sirven (they don't really help me with anything). He did wonderfully doing the presentation and I'm really proud of him.

Anyways - not too much to tell - English class finished up well. Did my graduation ceremony with my 18 students (13 passed so I still felt like it was a success). I'll be doing advanced classes at my house after I'm settled in, probably September. Here are some photos of the graduation (kids with their certificates and a pic of me and Orlando - he spoke a little English during our Community Diagnostic Presentation!)

Also finished my little table so take a peek! I lined the sides with sea glass I found to give it an artsy look and continue with the reuse material theme. The table in total cost me 50 pesos to make (Less than 2 bucks). You'll have to come visit me for me to show you how I rearrange a few pieces to get the top part all level. It is the first piece of furniture for my house!

The last pic is of our training group at IST (In service training) building the nursery...but just of our faces with our older volunteer friend Danielle.
Hope you are all doing well! I'll put up pics of my homestay house and community next post.
Love,
Sarah


1 comment:

  1. Your kitty has a Dippy spot!
    And your table looks great.
    And congrats with your class, you will have to tell me what is was like to teach a class.

    Love you!

    Ness

    ReplyDelete