Monday, July 27, 2009

Text me for free

Well look at this handy dandy little tool I just found. If you would like to send me a text message for free, go to this website and scroll to the bottom of the page until you see a phone. Put in the number 809-723-9938 and write your message and then hit Enviar and type in the pin that pops up and I'll be able to receive a free text! Make sure you write your name otherwise I won't know who it is from. I also won't be able to text you back, but it's still a pretty cool thing.

www.claro.com.do

I am heading back to my site in a bit, currently in the capital and got my packages!!!
Thank you Sanders, Bailey, Nana, Mom, Jwall, Jenny, Matt, and Po. It is just so great. I walked into the volunteer lounge with all my packages and people were like - well somebody is loved. And that is exactly how it makes me feel!!! THANK YOU!

Went to San Fran de Macoris the other night for a regional get-together. I will definitely be going there more based on that visit - it's convenient and much nicer than Nagua from what I saw. I went out in the capital last night with some other volunteers. Mica and her Tennessee friends, Mark, Leeann and Ben and it was one of my favorite nights so far in the country. We went to Rinconcito to watch live Salsa music and then somehow ended up from there into a Merengue festival that was just ridiculously fun. I love dancing. Apparently it is every Sunday and I will take you if you come visit. Then we went back to the Penn where we played a little music. They asked me to go to this beach town with them (since they were visiting from the states) which I would have loved to do since these are all Tennessee folk with southan drawls and good tunes -- but there is this thing called Campo guilt in our training group -- when you leave your site a little too much and feel like you are having too much fun. Hopefully there are other opportunities. I think I want to visit Tennessee now because there is something in the water there that makes the people great.

Ok - off to Castillo to pick up some wood, finish the diagnostic, and then to Santiago next week. I was invited to play an open mic night the day before and I really hope I can get that in there too! They are doing Indian food, that is far beyond incentive.

Love you!

1 comment:

  1. WOw INdian food in teh DR! aMAZing!!! ANd you just seem to be dancing your little tushy off, woohoo!

    its Po, as always.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete